Old January 28th 04, 06:45 AM
nzl*

thanks, sharon.
i'm still waiting for a reply to my reply to her snarkiness.
why do i think she'll not bother.
maybe its too hot or rainy where she is.
its disappointing as shes a downunder quilter too.
i guess either she just doesnt like/know me well enough or doesnt like kiwis
or transplanted americans, who knows but it has upset me that shes being so
weird over all this. being rude/snarky doesnt become anyone and its not
necessary in this issue.
i'll live thru it though, btdt before.
hey, maybe she replied and yahoo ate it too.
hugz,
jeanne
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Sharon Harper" wrote...
| ((((hugs)))) jeanne. Some people just don't know do they? Jeez!
|
| --
| Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under) (feeling put out on
| your behalf)
| http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

| "nzl*" wrote...
| i'm really ticked off.
| waaaaay back in sept i had a major influx of spam that went from a few
that were easily dealt with to over 300 a day. it was all i could do to keep
deleting them til i could find a solution.
| as an act of desperation i dropped all my yahoo groups in hopes that it
would fix the problem.
| i was at that time moderating on two groups, both with i help set up
| initially. when i got the problem sorted out i re-sub'd my groups and
| emailed the owners from yahoo explaining what happened, assuming this
wasnt a big problem and i'd be have moderator status again.
| this was fine with no problem at all in one group infact was done
without me asking or explaining...i guess it was a trust issue, as i'd not
do such a thing as a normal rule.
| the other group, the one i read online everyday(as i dont work full
time), every post and approved (after checking) most of the new members, i
never even got so much as a reply to my explanation and feeling rather
stupid over it all and figureing the owner had her reasons, didnt want me to
be a moderator again, so i didnt follow up on it.
| i continued, as i have always done on all my groups or on usenet,
helping anyone with info, urls etc whenever i thought i could.

| this group had a huuuuuuge lot of new members in january, virtually
| doubling the membership up from 500 to 1000+.
| this increased the number of posts and a few too many were those 'me
too', 'hi', 'oh i live just round the corner from you' type posts. some
| pointless and some should have been sent privately off group. i thought
there needed to be something said to the group so i posted such.

| wellllllll, seems 3 people didnt like my 'tone', geez, i was nice as i
| could be, well i thought i was anyhow. they emailed the group owner.
| she replied to me saying she'd not read the posts yet but would and let
me know bout it. she didnt find anything wrong with my 'tone' and advised
the 3 people as well.
| she also said she was not happy that i left the group without so much as
a wee email to let her know. i told her i had and yahoo must have eaten
it...not my fault if that happens. how was i to know.
| she said she discussed this with some others that are not on the group
and decided i was not reliable so when/if she felt the need for a moderator
she would ask within the group. well, not much i could do bout that but i
did not like being called unreliable....as i'm not.

| i've had and continue to have other group members email me offlist about
different things both quilting and group related asking for some
| assistance. i give that happily and as best i can considering i'm not
moderating any longer.
| i did just that the other day when a post to the group pointed out an
| attachment that arrived with the digest and as we all know these can
| sometimes be fatal for computers, she didnt open but also deleted the
digest without reading at all...
| i replied to the group that i'd check it out and see if it was anything
| be worried about. i did that and replied to the group again about 15mins
later that all was ok , no harm done but i still didnt know what the
| attachment was.
| i did however find the attachment was in the last post from the owner of
the list and though i did not say this in my reply to the group, i did email
the owner asking what it was and saying the group needed to be told it was
nothing to worry about.
| then i get a reply from her, with neither 'jeanne' at the top nor her
name at the bottom and what sounded to me a bit snarky saying...
| its nothing to worry about, i can tell the group without your
intervention
| thank you very much....
| or words to that effect.
| well, i can tell you i'm not a happy camper. what did i do that warrants
| such a reply.
| i also had, 3 people email me privately asking what the attachment
| was...seems most still think i'm a moderator as i've been there from the
beginning and how can they know any differently.