Old July 5th 03, 11:49 AM
Dawn Stubitsch

You'd have to make a positive first out of sealed wood or such. Then I would
make a mold by building up a thin coat of a rubber molding material around
the top and sides of the positve. I would then make a mother mold of plaster
around that to support the rubber mold once the positive is removed. You can
then pour your resin into the rubber mold.

--
Dawn Stubitsch
http://www.thumbprintkids.com
"G. M. Lupo" wrote in message
I'd like to try to create a top for a coffe table using resin but will

need
to custom build the mold. The item would be one piece that's 48" long,

17"
wide and 5/16 " thick on top, with a lower portion that would fit down

into
the table and would be 46" long, 15" wide and 5/8 " thick. I'd also like

embed items in the tabletop, which is what made me think of using resin

for
the project. I'd also like to put six small holes around the top for

screws
to affix the top to the table. For a project of this size, what would be
the best material for creating the mold?

Matt Lupo
matt at lupo dot com

--
G. M. Lupo a.k.a. matt at lupo dot com