Old August 28th 07, 02:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lotsoflavender

Default completely OT - asthma and ozone update

You're definitely out in the middle of the ocean where you are, Jeanne,
grin and those nice Antarctic "breezes" would keep the air nice and clean.

That's darn good news, Karen, and the silly thing is, if you hadn't of
reached such a low point, you may not of know that the air inside the house
was building up with ozone gas....that's a bit scarey.
Hugs Wendy in NSW

"nzlstar*" wrote in message
wow, who knew.
i thot those ozone machines were supposed to clean the air.
did you start feeling bad soon after you starting using it?
does it have a filter of some kind?
totally confuddled by them. iirc my mom used one in calif
but she was very old and always ill so hard to know if it was that or just
her.
i'm ever so glad to hear you're on the mend now.
you rest and take it slowly, eh.
big hugz {{{{{{{{{{{{{{Karen}}}}}}}}}}}}}
jeanne
where living in the middle of the ocean keeps the air pretty clean, i
hope

"Karen, Queen of Squishies" wrote...
I am improving, blue lips are now only occasionally mottled throughout the
day, and I can think more clearly, am not so tired always, chest pains
gone, breathing better, etc. Which air filter did I finally decide on?
NONE!!! Yep. See, DH was out of town when I started to collapse and
couldn't think straight, so I reached out to you. I was confused, and
your well-meant and good advice was confusing to me. But someone, I don't
remember who, just straight out said - Go turn that ozone machine off! So
I did. I started to do better the next day. And the next. I went out
for something, and when I came back I noticed something unique to my three
years of living here. My house smelled very good. Well! hmmm........
So that bad smell was - you got it - the ozone! I almost went too far
with it, because of ignorance and marketing, etc. Jack, please accept my
apologies, I was literally not in my right mind. I couldn't hear what you
were saying. My research since has scared me to death. The weather
turned nice yesterday and I have the additional help of having the windows
open for 24 hours now, and what a change. Oh my. Oh my. And as far as I
can find, fresh air and time is the only antidote for overexposure to
ozone gas. Fresh air, and good friends who will through you a life line.
: )

Karen, Queen of Squishies
working on the Starflake today!