Old October 22nd 03, 02:55 AM
Mike Behrent

I made my wife a Yukata, which is a cotton version of kimono. She loves it
as a lounging robe.
Mike in Wisconsin

"La Vida Xena" wrote in message
On 21 Oct 2003 04:01:29 -0700, (rp) wrote:

does anybody here have an online pattern? or has anybody read " The
folkwear book of ethnic clothing : easy ways to sew & embellish
fabulous garments from around the world / Mary S. Parker. " it's in a
nearby library although still quite far away so I was just wondering
if a kimono pattern can be found there as well. Also I've seen in the
pictures that the girls are wearing something underneath usually of a
contrasting colour...does anybody know what that garment looks like?
is it just another kimono? or a sash like thing?
thanks for your help

LOL

I like Kimonos on the rack and in pictures and have never managed to work

one
into my daily life. I thought of making one to use as a bathrobe, but I

like my
bathrobes to be made of big, fat, terrycloth.

I am in the process of losing weight. Everything I used to wear was too

small
and went away in a big clean-and-clear when I started to change my

lifestyle.
The first 15 lbs are gone, and I am tired of feeling dowdy, I've decided

to make
myself one or two basic core items every time I need something that fits

my
current size. My stash is enriched with bargains, and I am ready to sews.
Right now I am working on a longish slim, slit skirt that would look at

home
with a suit jacket. I keep envisioning using a mid-length kimono instead.

could probably wear it after those other 30 lbs are gone, and it'd be kind

of a
fun fashion statement. Underneath I could wear just about anything that

is not
bulky and doesn't have a collar-- am thinking tank top or scoop necked

long
sleeved T. I am a little stuck on what to make it out of. I want

something
warm and suitlike but not tweedy (LOL) and not too shiny and slick.

Xena