Old May 3rd 04, 08:34 AM
Leigh Harris

Hi Tia Mary

I made some pillow cases recently, to match bed quilts. I decided they
needed quilting to give them strength, but I didn't want to use batting.
Instead, I just backed the top with some calico (muslin) and quilted through
that. It still gave the look of quilting and gave the needed stability, but
wasn't bulky or extra fluffy for the pillow. Then I just made the case/sham
up as normal.

HTH

--
Leigh
Perth, Western Australia

"Tia Mary wrote
So -- I hadn't actually thought about quilting the pillow & sham tops

but I
think I should. I would thknk that they wont get laundered as often as

the
quilt and I don't think I actually need to use my Warm & Natural batting

for
them. I was thinking of using flannel instead and wondered if anyone had

done
that before. Since flannel shrinks so much, I would pre-wash it. I like

the
look you get when you *don't* pre-wash the batting but flannel just seems

shrink more than the batting.
Any thought on using the flannel or should I try something else? The
thought of trying to deal with the batting in seam allowances and zipper

seams
does NOT make me happy -- LOLOL! CiaoMeow ^;;^