Old April 2nd 04, 02:44 AM
JJMolvik

"Spike Driver" wrote in message

"CMM PDX2" wrote in message
Dennis wrote:

What a wealth of information. Thank you all so much. Now I
will have to brake the news to Gail gently when I tell how much I
want to spend on knitting book and software!!!

Thank you, thank you,

You're welcome, Dennis - hey, we all like helping out, don't we, gang?

And
ROFL
on breaking the news to Gail. But you know, you have to get the proper

tools
for the work, don't you? Give her the innocent look and the puppy-dog

eyes
when
you say that. bg After all, even if you got everything suggested,

still -
it'd be less than the cost of a really good sewing machine, wouldn't it?
::tries the innocent look herself::

Seriously, on the books at least, start looking for them used on

half.com,
amazon and powells.com. All of the ones mentioned show up fairly often,

even
the out of print ones, if I'm remembering right. (ok, Barbara Walker's

may
be
harder to find used - people to snap them up, and even used, sellers

tend
charge outrageously. probably because many of hers are OOP, although
fortunately, Schoolhouse Press has reissued several. I'm saving up

myself
for
her first 3 stitch dictionaries... at $30 per or so. eep!) If you keep

an
eye
out, you can usually find a used copy somewhere at a reasonable price.

Better
than looking for them on ebay, because people tend to get in bidding

wars
there. Also, just in case you haven't thought of it - to see which ones

would
be of most use, see if your library has any copies so you can look them

over
first. Or your LYS's, for the in-print ones. You might find just one of

them
has all you need. To start with, anyway. The thing about resource

books
is
that you kind of start collecting them...

And re the software, well, at least you can download the demo's and see

which
you like best, so that'll help! g

Keep us posted on what you eventually decide on, huh? It'd be

interesting
hear.

Monica
CMMPDX2 at aol
remove 'eat.spam' to email me
---------
"No, that isn't me you saw - I'm not here, I'm incognito!" (Me, Myself &

I)
Support our Troops!!
http://www.wtv-zone.com/kjsb/bataan.html

Monica,

I sure will! Thank you. Yes this is a great great group. Being a full
network administrator I check into many news groups. I also check in to a
few photography groups and amateur radio (ham radio) groups. I used to do

lot of wedding photography. I have not done any for several years. But,

have never found a group like ours right here! Thank you all so much. I
try very hard to answer question I think I can help on. I have no group I
belong to that can match the knowledge held in this group and be so
helpfull.

I think I am going to use Gwen's advice and spots to measure and just try
one. I took "machine draft and design" my last two years in hight school,
maybe I can use it now. It helps to have an expert sitting beside you at
home to ask where I need to get measurements from .

You would not believe the sewing machines and sergers she has Monica. My
only problem is she has made enough money to pay for them several times
over. No, we never did get into the "easy credit plan" so we do not say
much to each other on our craft purchases. I am sure she wold if I went
over boad, we have no problem there.

Hugs to you all,

Dennis and Gail

Go out, buy what you want, then tell her. Remember, "It is easier to be
forgiven than to get permission!"

ducking and running, laughing maniacally