Old November 14th 04, 03:43 PM
Roberta Zollner

Different machines = different tricks. With my Pfaff, the top tension has to
be lowered for free-motion quilting. And the invisible seems to look a
little better if I use silk in the bobbin. This was serendipity -found a
great bargain on variegated silk thread at a quilt show and bought lots. It
did not do well on top (although I didn't try it in a metallica needle), but
it's just wonderful in the bobbin.
Make yourself a practice sandwich and do some doodling until you find what
works.
Roberta in D

"muse9" wrote in message
I am still new at quilting and have not yet tried out any invisible

threads.
There are so many different colors in the two I Spy quilts I'm making that

think this might be the best thread to use for machine quilting them. I
bought a spool of Sulky polyester monofilament invisible thread. The only
size available was "Fine .004". Is this size correct for machine quilting
or is it too fine? Are there any tricks to using this thread for machine
quilting? (lower tension, etc.?)

I know this subject has been discussed a lot before but I was still a bit
unsure about this. Thanks so much for any pointers.

Bonnie
(working on piecing the second I Spy - not yet quilted the first)

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnied9

delete "removespam" to reply