Old November 7th 06, 05:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Default Corduroy Quilt?

I have tied a couple of quilts, Debra; but I kept the long parts of the
knots at the back! I don't like the look of them, so I kept them out of
sight. I used a toning colour embroidery thread - all six strands
together. It is fine. The knots are quite invisible, unless you really
look for them.
..
In message , Debra
writes
I doubt I'll ever tie a quilt. I don't like the look of the strings
flopping around on the top, or the feel of the knots. Machine tacking
might be the way to go though. Or maybe just machine quilt in
straight lines. I might have enough corduroy to make it cord on both
sides, or I might just put muslin on the back if I think it would get
too heavy.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at

Best Regards