Old August 28th 06, 05:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther

Default OT proposed discussion: How did you learn to be a "woman" rather than a "girl"?

My goodness. Let's see if I got all of that: flyaway hair, pimples,
overweight and no makeup. Yes, indeed, sweet Tricia, you've hit the nail on
the head.
I wouldn't be tempted to hire anyone who gave the impression that she
didn't give a happy hoot how she looked. I'd think if you didn't care about
that, then you wouldn't care how the job you did looked either. That's a
tacky criteria but first impressions are so very important.
DH just paused by here and asked what was going on with the quilters
today. I told him, and I told him my reaction.
DH says, "You're a big help". Heck. What am I supposed to do? Tell
you it doesn't matter? Nope. Let's Do something.
Start asking women whose hair you admire who their stylist is. Try a
couple. I'll bet there's one who can do wonders for you. And yes, make an
appointment with your Mary Kay lady when you and she are unhurried. Those
ladies know their business.
We're going to get your 'best foot forward' if we have to bring a few
gators and personally take over. We shall overcome. Polly

"Karen, Queen of Squishies" wrote I learned it from a Mary Kay consultant.
All of them are trained in showing
you how to choose the right colors for your complexion, and how to
properly apply it to make yourself look amazing!