Old August 28th 06, 04:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Georg

Default OT proposed discussion: How did you learn to be a "woman" ratherthan a "girl"?

Tricia wrote:
Hence, realizing I have virtually no knowledge in an area many women
seem to have plenty, I thought I'd ask where that knowledge came
from...where did you learn it?

I learned 75% of my make up expertise in the theater. The rest I picked
up watching my mom or my older sister or my friends.

One learning experience that I can recommend is to go to any make up
counter where someone is paid to offer makeovers. Or call Mary Kay or
Avon and ask them to come to your house for a facial/sample. These
people will be very happy to take the time to teach you how to use their
products. Of course, their goal is to sell you their products- but you
do not have to buy anything.

I still hate wearing make up and only do it very rarely. But I know how
to apply it without a spackling knife or looking weird.

-georg