Old October 14th 11, 05:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default OT-Pink on Friday

We've come a long way. You light up my life. Polly

"Steven Cook" wrote in message
mmunications...
I am SOOO excited about school tomorrow. No, not because it is the
deadline for Senior Pictures for the Yearbook, which it is. Nor because
the Senior Survey deadline is tomorrow, because it is. Nor that the
deadline for the Senior Tributes need to be in from Parents, which it is.
My life will be very hectic on Friday, and I will not be well-liked because
I will have to reject inappropriate pictures, and I will be crabby dealing
with over a hundred remaining seniors turning in pictures that they've had
NINE weeks to accomplish this task.

No, I am excited about school tomorrow because it is PINK DAY! We've had
announcements all week, and today there were big signs all around the
front doors to remind everyone to wear pink to school tomorrow for
Breast/Ovarian Cancer Awareness/Support Month. We're hoping that lots of
people wear pink and we'll try to get everyone gathered in the upper
commons area and then I can lean over the balcony and take a picture for
the Yearbook and the slideshow on our school's home page.

Most of the pink last week and this has been worn by my Male students.
Much to my surprise. I've asked them why and besides the usual
Mom/Grandma/Aunt some have answered Mom's friend, etc. So Cool and I'm so
proud of these boys understanding and taking a stand at such a young age,
comparatively, and going against the grain and wearing a color that boys
don't/won't usually be caught dead in.

Hopefully I haven't pumped my expectations up too high but I will try to
get a picture posted on my blog soon if all goes well.

Happy Supportive Pink Day

Steven
Alaska