Old September 11th 08, 03:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

Default Query for USA folk

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..
"Mary Fisher" wrote in
t:

Yebbut there's nothing - no spool - on which to wind the
yarn.

it's not a shuttle. it might be a 'sword', but i've not seen
a bone one, or one that shape.

A sword isn't curved and doesn't need a depression. in any case, a sword of
that length doesn't need to be anything special, I use a shuttle or piece of
wood or bone or hand - anything available.

The person who's asked about it has now said that it was
bought at a yard sale and they were told it was a shuttle -
they didn't know!

obviously neither did the seller... did they indicate where in
the US it might have originated?

All my contact knows is what she was told. I think she's in Dakota.

Mary