Old July 26th 03, 01:48 AM
Barbara Otterson

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 20:28:56 -0400, "Barbara Forbes-Lyons"
wrote:

I would think not - the shot would chip/break all the facets in the crystal.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

I tumble almost all of my jewelry as a final finish.
If the stones are relatively hard, they get set first and
tumbled with everything else. Crystals too.
Remember, you're just tumbling. It's a rubber
barrel making slow turns, just rolling and rolling.
Just like sea glass in the ocean. Only the sand
gives the glass a matte finish. The steel gives the
metal a shiny finish. I have set faceted gems and
tumble polished the finished piece. Why? Because
the metal is still flexible from the soldering. After
tumbling it's work-hardened and much harder to
set stones. Especially if you are bezel setting.
Barbara
Dream Master
www.dreamweaverstudio.com

"We've got two lives, one we're given,