Old February 25th 11, 02:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

Default A small whine

On 2/25/11 8:41 AM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

On 2/23/11 8:39 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

On 2/22/2011 11:37 AM, Joan E. wrote:
On Feb 20, 8:37 am, "Ellice wrote:

Lately we've been watching the hilarious "Harry's Law" - starring Kathy
Bates.

I love this show! It's one of the few new ones that is really good.
I hope it stays for awhile. (snipped)
Joan

I'm also enjoying "Harry's Law."

I heard a recommendation last night at a stitching group for "Lark Rise
to Candleford." Anybody watch that? It's on in the daytime, so I can't
watch it then, but the library has some on DVD. Worth checking out?

sue

Haven't seen it - love the title.

We have a Thursday night ritual - watching "Royal Pains" on USA. MASH in the
Hamptons, wildly rich people and a compelling cast. Plots are so-so, but the
acting is pretty good.

Cheryl

Agree - it kind of reminds me of the neighbors to my aunt & parents when
they moved to Coconut Grove (in Miami) & Brickell Ave. Or, more aptly, the
latter day version of my grandparents "beach club" crews in Miami Beach &
Long Island of the 60s (and well before I was born in the 50s - but I've
seen the pictures). My DA (now retired surgeon) was always quite elegantly
dressed, and constantly doing her version of Dr. Hank (as in all kinds of
care for people around, as opposed to just sticking to her surgical
practice)

I had a really close friend from undergrad school who has a home in Shelter
Island - she's so lovely, unassuming - it's a riot how the neighborhood has
become. Her dad was the chief counsel for AT&T back in the day (took them
thru the split of all the Bell companies) and would have a limo pick him up
and drive him to the city from their LI home (not the beach house). Their
next-door neighbor - Susan Lucci of soap opera fame. My pal - so sweet,
another engineering student - from a very down to earth, lots of kids (8),
and no pretense. Anyhow, married her high school sweetheart, but they are
like the rare sane people out at their beach house neighborhoods.

Ellice