Old February 24th 11, 03:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

Default A small whine

On 2/23/11 8:39 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

On 2/22/2011 11:37 AM, Joan E. wrote:
On Feb 20, 8:37 am, "Ellice wrote:

Lately we've been watching the hilarious "Harry's Law" - starring Kathy
Bates.

I love this show! It's one of the few new ones that is really good.
I hope it stays for awhile. (snipped)
Joan

I'm also enjoying "Harry's Law."

I heard a recommendation last night at a stitching group for "Lark Rise
to Candleford." Anybody watch that? It's on in the daytime, so I can't
watch it then, but the library has some on DVD. Worth checking out?

sue

Ah, Sue - good get. I've been watching it - this show is what the MPT
replacement for Ballykissangel. I think there were about 3 weeks worth, and
yesterday they showed the 1st episode again. It's on 3:30-4:30. Sort of an
idealized take on life in a rural town, Candleford, connected to Larkrise. a
tiny hamlet of estate/farm workers. Central character being the post
office, run/owned by a woman - the POV is from the journal of the young
girl/woman who is essentially apprenticing to the Postmistress (her cousin -
that is from the hamlet). Brings up the social issues of the day, and is
kind of a 19th century soap opera. You'll like it - it's not dissimilar to
the Kate Morton books. You should check it out - helps to start with the
beginning or I think the understanding/sympathies for different characters
might be hard to get. Each episode focuses on a different event in one of
the main characters lives - could be the shop owners, the post-mistress, the
main postal employee, a family in Larkrise, etc.

I like it....glad to know the library has copies. We're still recuperating
from the last episodes of Doc Martin!

Ellice