Old March 4th 10, 08:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
BEI Design[_3_]

Default A quick gift idea.

John wrote:

The reason I set it up to display that way, is to
highlight, the
direction of the stars in the center piece of each block.
If I had
just set the blocks in one continuos direction with the
points of the
stars facing up, when they curved around the neck they
would have
headed downward. Let's face it, for something of such a
potentially "patriotic theme" nature, that would never
do. The points of the stars should always be pointing
upward. or so I was thinking. I had to
reverse the direction at the center back of the neck,
where it would
not be noticeable, to accomplish this feet of
legerdemain, and
showcase it in the manner I did. There it is. Not some
secret,
Apostolic, Jesuit theme, just an appreciation of the
esthetics of star placement. Even though all that good
Parochial School Education, and
an Aunt who was a Mother Superior, and an Uncle, who was
a Jesuit
Classics Scholar, might have had "some" influence, I try
to not let
that be an overriding force, in my design theory.

Ah HA!!! I knew there was method to your madness. I applaud
your choice to keep the starts running the correct direction
on each side, bravo!

Beverly