Old March 4th 10, 02:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
John

Default A quick gift idea.

On Mar 3, 7:53*pm, Betsy wrote:
BEI Design wrote:
John wrote:

Here you go:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...l0EQ?feat=dire....

John

Very nice, John. *Although I 'confess', I thought it might
serve nicely as a priestly stole:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stole_%28vestment%29
VBG

I had the same immediate reaction to it. *I think the way it is
displayed for the picture makes it look even more stole like than it
really is.

--Betsy

The reason I set it up to display that way, is to highlight, the
direction of the stars in the center piece of each block. If I had
just set the blocks in one continuos direction with the points of the
stars facing up, when they curved around the neck they would have
headed downward. Let's face it, for something of such a potentially
"patriotic theme" nature, that would never do. The points of the stars
should always be pointing upward. or so I was thinking. I had to
reverse the direction at the center back of the neck, where it would
not be noticeable, to accomplish this feet of legerdemain, and
showcase it in the manner I did. There it is. Not some secret,
Apostolic, Jesuit theme, just an appreciation of the esthetics of star
placement. Even though all that good Parochial School Education, and
an Aunt who was a Mother Superior, and an Uncle, who was a Jesuit
Classics Scholar, might have had "some" influence, I try to not let
that be an overriding force, in my design theory.
John
John