Old November 29th 08, 04:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default (no subject)

On Nov 29, 9:17*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 11/28/08 11:30 PM, in article
,

" wrote:
On Nov 28, 5:08*pm, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 11/28/08 5:04 PM, in article , "Lucille"

lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net wrote:

wrote in message
On Nov 28, 3:11 pm, lucretia borgia
wrote:
On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 13:40:08 -0600, Jangchub
opined:

Do you have any idea how fast a car goes into the water? Even if he
immediately called for help she'd have died. People die all the time
here in TX where we have flash floods with just about every hard rain.
People insist on driving over one inch of water to their death. Water
drags you down toot sweet. I'm not saying Ted was an angel, but he
certainly didn't preclude her safety by leaving. It takes seconds,
not minutes to drown.
Victoria

You are comparing apples to oranges. A car swept by flood waters is
entirely different to one going off the road into water and gently
settling down into same.

And exactly why is it his fault that she didn't get herself out?
There were apparently three open windows in the car.

Elizabeth

I don't think there were seatbelts back then either.

Wasn't the usual spiel that she was unconscious? Really don't remember
anymore and don't care enough to see what google has to say.

I don't know how they'd know that, since there was no autopsy. *One
source claims that she was evidently breathing from an air pocket in
the back, but that doesn't make sense either, since it apparently suck
upsidedown back end first.

Elizabeth

As I said, usual spiel... But IF there had been an autopsy, blood tests
could have seen blood alcohol levels, presence of drugs in the blood... You
get the gist

Yep. I think an autopsy would have cleared him, but his parents were
paid to insist that there not be one. These days, you can't refuse an
autopsy if the state requires it.

Elizabeth