Old June 1st 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass

Default Fusing Glass Discussions

FlameNwind wrote:
Hi everyone! Have been playing with my new kiln and LOVING it!!! Thinking
about pre-emptively buying stock in the electric company to recoup some of
my costs in running the thing day and night. But aside from the fact that
glass will be making me a pauper in short order, working with warm glass is
fascinating!

With that said, I wanted to find out if this is truly the forum for
discussion of warm glass (I have SOOOO many questions!) or should a new
newsgroup be initiated. 'Cuz time's a-wastin'!!! I need to SHARE and TALK
and DISCUSS this new love of my life!!!! Boy, I am such a girl!!! LOL

Look forward to hearing from you all (yep, even you sasspots!!!)

Lori

Cost of electricity is much less then most expect. If the label on
your kiln doesn't specify the wattage of your kiln, you can calculate
it by multiplying the amperage X the voltage. Then check your power
bill for the price per kilowatt hour you're being charged. Multiply
that price X the wattage X 4 hours (that's the average amount of time
your kiln is actually consuming power for a full fuse firing).

As to establishing a new group, why reinvent a wheel that already works
perfectly? If you want to discuss kilnforming (in all it's nuances) go
to http://www.warmglass.com

Dennis Brady

Victorian Art Glass - http://www.victorianartglass.biz
DeBrady Glass - http://www.debrady.com