Old October 12th 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
DKat

Default Help with price of Skutt model 181

This is a very nice kiln in perfect condition, but limited to being a low
glaze fire or a bisque fire kiln (2250 Degree F / cone 6 - 20amp 4600W
115/230-208 Volt AC). I believe it is a little more than 6 cu feet -
assuming 2" brick.

The current KM-818 fires to cone 10 (actually you would use if for at most
cone 9). That model is selling for around $1300. It is one ring shorter
than what you have. So it fires to a higher temp but has less cu feet. Go
to Ebay and see what those kilns sell for. Also you can call skutt and
they will tell you every thing you want to know (other than price now - but
they can tell you what it did sell for).

Good luck. It is a nice kiln.

Donna

"bakerhillpins" wrote in message
ups.com...
All

Working through my grandmothers estate we have a Skutt model 181 that
she bought many years ago but apparently never used. Seems she kept
using her Paragon A-55. We have someone who is interested in the kiln
but when asked to make an offer they simply asked us what we wanted for
it. Being that I spend most of my days on rec.games.pinball I don't
have any knowledge about kilns.

Poking around the Skutt website provided little info. The most I could
find there was that it was most like their A-818 (can't find anything
on this model either) or the KS-818p which apparently goes to ^8. I
also searched this group and found a few hits but most of them were
from the 97-2002 range and didn't provide much pricing info.

Anyhow, some pics of the kiln are at:
http://members.localnet.com/~krisnbry/

I would appreciate any comments on its fair market value. Its located
in/around the Fort Lee area of NJ if anyone is interested. We have tons
of greenware (?) and molds too that I can get pics/inventories of as
well.

I will be watching this group for a bit but you can also reply directly
to me at

Thanks
Bryan