Old November 10th 03, 12:53 AM
Donna in Idaho \(remove invalid\)

But, but, but - how do you not know that sometime down the road you'll
become interested in something else that was in that magazine and now it's
tossed. I just can't rip up magazines. Lots of times something I'm not
interested in at the time I get it will grab my interest later on.

--
Donna in Idaho!
Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator

Remove ".remove.invalid" to reply

"Sherry Starr" wrote in message
I don't keep many entire magazines. I take out the pattern or article

that
I want to keep, put it in a plastic sheet protector, and put it in a 3

ring
binder. The binders I use are covered in a clear plastic with an opening

at
the top to insert something on the front of the binder. I keep a list on
the cover with everything that is in that binder. I have a separate

binder
for patterns that I purchase. I do them the same way. I keep the lists

on
my computer, and just update it whenever I add to it. It has really saved
me a lot of time.
Sherry Starr
"juliasb(nospam)" wrote in message
I have had to take a break from stitching so I can begin other
projects for the holidays. Now mind you my quilting will not cease by
any means during this time. I needed to clean my studio though so I can
get around here and begin on designing my holiday greeting cards and
complete a few other projects.
One of the projects that was at the top of my list was to go through
all my quilting books and magazines. First I couldn't believe I had
collected so many over the last 14 years. I put all the books in order
by hard cover or soft cover and the magazines by title and date. It
took almost a full day to do that part. I just had to look at them as I
was rearranging them. Of course I found a number of quilts that I had
planned on doing and just haven't gotten to them. So I made a list that
has the book/magazine and the page numbers so I can maybe do a few
over then next year. We'll see just how far I get on that project. .
I discovered a while back ago that I never seem to have enough
quilting books. There are always techniques and designs that I draw
from when starting a new quilt.
Magazines however I discovered often repeat themselves over the
years. The same patterns with maybe just a color difference from an
earlier edition. Always beautiful of course. I have become more
selective about the magazines I get because of this.
I am just wondering how many of you decide on books or magazines that
you purchase. I for one love to have my own. The library is nice for
some things but I find I would rather be able to have things at a
finger's grasp.
How do you store your books and magazines. Now I can't imagine
throwing away a magazine so I don't even think that would be a question
unless you somehow ended up with a second copy of a given magazine. Now
I have done that but then given the magazine or book to another quilter.
Does anyone keep a list of what they have on hand or do you know by
recollection?
And last but not least how many quilts do you really complete or even
start from the various books or magazines that you have.
juliasb
--

Conductor of the Squish-mobile

...come and journey with me...