Old August 31st 10, 04:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default OT no brakes on Hurricanes

I'm on the west coast but hope folks are taking precautions. We kind of
have to think of some of these things in regards to earthquakes but
generally we just tend to put planning off. When a hurricane is coming in
on you it is time to put the planning into motion.
Be safe all you Easterners.
Taria
"Polly Esther" wrote in message
Okay. Talking to myself here which is okay. If you are within 200 miles
of the Atlantic, you need: gas in your car. (service stations can not
pump gas if they lose power)
cash. ATMs don't work without power either.
your pills. If streets are flooded, you can't run to the pharmacy.
And please. If you have a glass topped table on the patio, bring it
inside. Ask Michelle what kind of mess they can make.
Polly

"Polly Esther"
I'm hoping all our friends on the Atlantic coast even inland as much as
200 miles are paying serious attention to Hurricane Earl.
Hurricanes do not roar up to the beach and slam on brakes. They
weaken just a little when they hit land but they spawn tornadoes and all
manner of misery.
Just because you don't live out on a pier, you need to be alert.
Hurricane Earl looks like a deadly threat. Polly