Old May 4th 06, 08:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default a 'dyeing' query

In article , Shirley Shone
wrote:

Those magnifying glasses on strings are not very handy. If you have a
well endowed bosom like me, they stand out too far so it does not focus
on your work. I think a man must of invented them. Also the string cuts
in the back of your neck, and they are inclined to tip up. That type was
my first magnifying glass and was discarded quickly.
Using small beads I have tried quite a few. I ended up with the Mag Eyes
which work very well because you can also look over the top to look in
the distance or TV. They have about 4 sets of different strength lenses.
For taking on holiday I have a pair that clips on my glasses and they
flip up out of the way but are small so do not take up much room.

The Mag- Eyes are larger since they fasten on a head band and look a bit
like something out of space. LOL
I would say Mad-Eyes every time and several of my friends have got them
and agree with me.
Shirley

Shirley

I have both, the large glass that hangs around your neck, as well as the
clip on glassed. I also have a big bosom, but I made a kumihimo braid I
can adjust and so it does work for me,I use it when I do my crossword
puzzles. The clip on/ flip up glasses I use when I am weaving, so I can
thread the fine threads through my reed. I have a third one though. It
is a magnifying lens set in with a circular neon light. It has a long
pull out arm. That really works very well. I have it clamped to my work
table. There are all kinds of different solutions. My biggest problem is
the small writing on the computer. On the internet most of the time you
can enlarge, but not always. Tiny print on different coloured backgrounds
are murder. I give up on websites that are unreadable. It is not worth
my time..... LOL I guess we are all heading for magnifying lenses and
glasses.

Els