Old May 2nd 05, 08:09 AM
B Vaughan

On Sun, 01 May 2005 15:11:59 +0200, Anna MCM
wrote:

B Vaughan wrote:

I have also had very good luck with Amazon, both the American site and
the British site. Sometimes books arrive in less than a week.
Unfortunately, the British site never has free shipping outside of
Italy.

I never buyed from the British site, since the American one is a bit
cheaper for my choice of books. I have a friend here who buys from the
Bristish one and she´s happy with that as well.

I'm afraid to buy anything from non-European sites, because many
packages end up having customs, plus VAT, plus a flat "customs
handling fee" attached, and it can often be more than the value of the
merchandise. Doesn't that ever happen in Sweden?

My daughter was doing research in Ghana all last year. She came to
Italy for Christmas, and did a good deal of Christmas shopping on the
internet, having all the gifts sent to Italy. About half of them had
this misfortune. The VAT for some of them was 50%; for the smaller
gifts, the customs handling fee exceeded the value.
--
Barbara Vaughan

My email address is my first initial followed by my last name at libero dot it.