Old July 3rd 07, 01:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA[_2_]

Default Moth help!

Does anyone know of any home moth-proofing system?

Obviously it will be for future items but we'd hate it to happen again.
We're both very unhappy (Spouse and I - I haven't told daughter yet).

Mary

The type of moth which attacks fiber is attracted by smell. Anything which
masks the "wool smell" will deter them. Cedar or lavender are traditional
repellents, cloves or cinnamon work equally as well. Boric acid powder
sprinkled on the fiber will kill the larva.
Sorry to hear such a priceless gift was ruined.
DA