Old June 23rd 07, 03:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
myswendy

Default felting help please! plus a great book

On Jun 23, 5:05 am, Johanna Koski
wrote:
One more question---I have gone down one size since I will not be
felting the body of the hat either and thus, it will not be shrinking.
Can anyone give me some sort of shrinkage percentage so I know how
long to cut the fringe when I make it (if I must use 100% wool for
it). Thanks guys!

Interesting looking hat

There's no percentages to give on felting. It depends on how you felt
and what you felt. Everything shrinks differently. Shrinking-percetage
can be anything between 10% and 50%, usually with pure wool when knit
it's about 25% and when doing normal felting, shrinking is usually 20-50%

Johanna

oh my! I had no idea it was that much! hmmmmm....Thanks!
Wendy