Old June 22nd 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
myswendy

Default felting help please! plus a great book

On Jun 21, 10:50 pm, enigma wrote:
myswendy wrote oups.com:

I did a few pieces of fringe like it said to and they
flopped over miserably. According to the directions, the
wool of the mohawk comes out of the wash all tangled and
you're supposed to tear it to bits and end up with this
lovely fluffy "do". I tried teasing out the strands (didn'tev ery
wash it, though), and that failed miserably. So before I
went any further, I decided to write to you all for help.

did you try making a sample, washing it (hot) & drying in a
dryer? the fringes on my acrylic afghan got all matted & look
like the mohawk fringe...
maybe that would work with the hat?
lee

oh good idea! Ok, before I try everythng else, I think I'll try that
with a sample piece. Thanks!
Wendy