Old May 24th 07, 05:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Lion incredible yarn quandary part 2 -- what do you think?

coggietm wrote:
I have used incredible and love the way it turns out , I say go for
it.
I know wool is good , but , sometimes you have to say , it's my art
and there are no rules. Knit with what you like, that is my motto .

Problem is, if you will read what I have posted before, I am really,
really new at this -- I don't really know what I like because I haven't
done enough to know what I like, and I am also trying to learn the rules
before I start breaking them.

I'm a little leery about using wool because "easy fabric care" has been
one of my mantras for a long time. But this Incredible yarn is
hand-wash, so I could do wool if I needed to. Trying to keep the cost
down for this first project if possible, though.

Just think of me like someone starting piano lessons -- I need to learn
the basics of how to read music, basic keyboard technic, etc., and then
once I have the basics down, then I can have more freedom of expression
and come up with something that says something instead of just banging
my hands on the keyboard and making a cacophany of sound. At least,
that's the kind of person I am. d