Old March 6th 11, 09:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default What is with the low number of posts?

I thought of some more.
There are quilt police.
If you violate the rules, your quilt is no good.
All seams must always be pressed to the side and they have to be ¼".
'Art' quilts are superior to traditional ones even if they are downright
ugly.
Hiding your best scissors from the family is selfish.
Sleazy thin fabric from the $1 bin is good enough. Quilting is 'just' a
hobby.
You must be born with the quilting gene; study and practice will not
help.
Maybe everybody is in the drunk tank in New Orleans; this is
Mardi Gras weekend.
Polly ... with no plans to grow up.

"Sunny" ...
When I grow up I want to be Polly.

Until then, I'm mostly limiting online time lately. Lots of things
going on that are (sorry about this) more interesting and urgent than
surfing. You see, if I just drop in here for a few minutes, I end up
sucked into the yawning maw of the Net for hours. I'm sort of an
addict, have no self-control, all that stuff.

Otherwise, I'm missing my friends at RCTQ and needing a good big dose
of quilt talk time. Maybe we should all square off around Polly's list
and start making people laugh.

For my part: Bernina? Janome? Well let me tell you, my Montgomery
Ward 7-Jewel ZigZag sewing machine (circa 1950ish), portable, weighing
in at 52 pounds, is the best. So there. hehehehehehehehehehehe

Love ya all,
Sunny