Old June 30th 08, 04:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Default Mini Texas star

http://www.flickr.com/photos/onetexsun/?saved=1 Here is the photo of
the mini Texas star I just finished making from one of those
QuiltSmart patterns. It's all flip and sew and then fuse to the
backing. The information calls the patterns easy and fool proof. Hah.
I'm clearly a better fool than they ever intended to make one of thier
patterns. Each of the little diamond pieces took from 1.5 to 2 hours
from start to finish. I was intensely careful to stitch on the lines.
I measured and pinned and unstitched and r estitched.

In the end, all the main points matched except for the middle, which
is so totally wonky that it's pathetic. My husband suggested redoing
just the middle. When I reminded him that the middle was attached to
parts that line up just fine and that there was no "extra" to play
with, he suggested covering the middle with something. Or,
alternately, cutting a horse out of the stitched together part. (I'm
working on a round robin challenge right now and I'm making horses).

I'm going to finish this tonight with a nice border and hanging
sleeve. Or maybe tabs. I haven't decided yet. I intend to hang it up,
even if it is wonky. The colors are nice and I think from a distance
it'll work. The trick will be to hang it someplace where nobody can
get close enough to see the center lines.

Question: How should I quilt this? It's really small. About 18 inches
at the widest part. I'm open to suggestions for quilting motif.

Later,
Sunny