Old October 17th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Default Paper piecing help

Good questions! I look forward to reading the answers.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

"Alice" wrote in message
I'm trying a paper piecing project for the first time. I won a "Tin Box
Sampler Series" of gorgeous crackle charm fabrics as a door prize. There
are very minimal directions with it to make nine Courthouse Steps blocks.
I figured out the cutting, and construction, but now I have a couple
questions. On the paper foundation pieces there are TRIM lines and SEAM
lines. It seems that I would trim the blocks with the paper still
attached so I can follow the lines. Do I also stitch the blocks together
with the paper still on? Do I trim and then remove the paper? Also,
since this project ends up being 12" X 12" what size binding do I
use....narrower than for a standard sized quilt? Thanks for any help.

Alice in PA