Old January 31st 04, 09:48 PM
KittyG

The ones I usually buy are made with cane sugar. This is a brown, sort of
coarse and granular sugar. It dissolves in water, not the oil base. This
means it washes off completely. I have also bought one that looks like it
was made with white table sugar. I have refilled the others with brown cane
sugar I bought at the store (baking section) to use up the remaining oil and
it was fine, haven't tried it yet with the white sugar but I don't see why
that wouldn't work as well. I don't see why you can't make your own
either...
http://www.thesoapgoat.com/nrecipes7.html
http://www.soapdelicatessen.com/soap...s/salts/sugar/

Sea salt scrubs are also quite popular here for hands, elbows and feet. I
think it's pretty much the same. Have fun!

HTH
kitty in phx

--
Remove "s" and "i" in email to respond.
http://community.webshots.com/user/kittykatchee
"Queen of Squishies" hicall80 @ earthlink.net wrote in message
nk.net...
How do you keep the sugar from melting? Or is it just that the oil does

not
dissolve the sugar?

Karen, Queen of Squishies