Old January 30th 04, 11:27 PM
Johanna Gibson

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:37:35 GMT, "Jalynne"
wrote:

I use Eucerin every day for dry skin, and if i let it soak in for about 10 minutes,
it will no longer have an "oily" feeling. It does not stain, has no odor or dyes.
Is one that is recommended by most doctors and dermatologists. It does have some
lanolin by products, but i've had no problems with that, and i'm allergic to lanolin.
(main reason i don't use Bag Balm anymore, though i used to love the stuff). It's a
little on the pricey side, but a little goes a very long way. I use mine twice a
day, and an 8 ounce bottle has lasted over a year.

This sounds like E45, which we have in the UK, and I should invest
in the company, I like the product so much. I have eczema, so can't
tolerate lanolin products either. I was amazed when a friend pointed
out that lanolin is actually on the ingredients list, if about 15
items down. It must be by-products, as you mentioned in the product
you use. I use E45 cream on my hands and neck and such because they
get dried out in the supermarket (I used to use the lotion, but it now
seems runny, after they came out with the cream recently). I used to
use E45 on my face as a moisturizer, but now I use Simple because it
feels lighter and not as oily (this feeling only lasts on the hands
until it sinks in, as well).
In the winter, when my skin gets so dry on my hands that it cracks
near the nails and bleeds, I use 50% solid parafin/50% liquid paraffin
that has been mixed together. It is fantastic! I put that on right
before bed, because it feels greasy, and in the morning my hands are
much better. I bought a tub of this for £3 and have used it for
several winters now, with loads left to spare. I highly recommend
this!

-- Jo in Scotland