Old July 16th 10, 04:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default Waving 'Hi' to the regulars here

I don't see any activity for the month of July here but June seemed
busy with the ladies knitting hats for charity. I knit hats for the
homeless men in SouthWest Pa. mostly. And a few of us are knitting
hats and scarves for our soldiers right now. I have never donated
anything personally but forwarded it to the person in charge of the
project and never thought much about a personal 'thank you' from the
person receiving it. A photo with the big smiles and 'thank you'
letters from the head cordinator make it all worth while.

But I did have one bad experience with a person which left me foaming
at the mouth. I don't know if the scarves were ever given out because
she was to busy to open the box and it took me 3 e-mails to get a
reply from her saying the box even arrived. I learned from that
experience that charities listed on yarn sites such as Lion Brand and
Bev's aren't always what they seem. Still I won't let a few bad
apples prevent me from doing what I enjoy.