Old May 14th 11, 08:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Fred

Default Newsgroup Access Question

In a pinch anyone with an original disc for windoze 95 or 98 could download
Netscape from either of those discs and then search for an update somewhere.

Outlook Express is still available for download for windoze XP home and pro.
Not sure if it will work for windoze vista or windoze 7.

IMHO Outlook Express out performs windoze hotmail any day of the week, plus
there are no bloody ads. cluttering up the screen.

Fred

"Ellice K." wrote in message
On 5/13/11 3:08 PM, in article , "Fred"
wrote:

To a degree you are right http://www.eternal-september.org is the real
cat's
butt! But Thanks In Advance Mary still needs a mail program to access
http://www.eternal-september.org

Fred

True, we could all make the assumption that somewhere she has an e-mail
program. I've used it with Entourage in the prior Microsoft Office suite.
Bet it works with Outlook. Don't know if it works with whatever she uses
for her aol connection - or even the free e-mail services like Gmail or
Yahoo.

Ellice

wrote in message
news
On Fri, 13 May 2011 01:42:00 -0400, Tia Mary
wrote:

Hi Guys,
In getting ready to move back to Lizard Land, DH has gotten me a
laptop to use. I currently use Netscape 7.2 to access the newsgroups
and some German company supplies the newsgroups to Netscape. We pay
the
German company less than $20/year. I don';t mind paying the money but
my problem is now how to go about getting all this stuff from this
computer to the laptop. DH said he couldn't find anyway to access
different versions of Netscape using the laptop. THIS is the type of
computer stuff I am totally in the dark about!!
So -- could someone either help me find a way to download Netscape
7.2 to my laptop OR recommend some other way -- besides Google -- to
access newsgroups? Please, Please, Please -- I don't want to lose y'all
but I also don;t want to use Google!!! HELP!!!!! CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^

You are making it complicated - go to http://www.eternal-september.org

and follow the directions. It's free, it is acclaimed as a newsreader
and streets ahead of google groups.

Eons ago I used Netscape but have long since abandoned that, this is
even easier.