Old May 25th 10, 04:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default heat n bond or steam a seam?

Oops. Pat in VA saw it and I didn't. No opinion from me about which
fusible is best but I do have heaps of experience with baby quilt appliqué.
Every time it is reasonably possible do it double. That is -
take 2 pieces of the fabric placed face-to-face, stitch around, clip,
slash and turn.
If the appliqué piece is so wee like maybe eyeballs on a gnat, you
can't, of course.
All you have to do with a faced and turned appliqué piece is glue stick
it in place and blanket stitch around.
When I made a 'bunny sleeping on the moon' quilt for my doctor's new
baby that is the method I used. Dr says that quilt has 'attached' and has
been washed at least twice a week for a year. Not even the bunny's tail
(which is a Minkee appliqué) has given up.
Frankly, I thought the moon looked more like 'bunny sleeping on a
banana' but her baby loves it.
If you're doing a Baltimore for Paducah, this method is probably
primitive; for a baby quilt - a really best method. Polly

"Pat in Virginia"
Will you be using machine appliqué? Have you decided on the stitch? I like
the look of the blanket stitch appliqué, but the satin stitch is pretty
too. The latter may be the best choice for a sturdy baby quilt.