Old December 16th 08, 04:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Kitty[_2_]

Default looking for an old type fabric

On Dec 15, 12:46*pm, gjones2938 wrote:
Seersucker is different from plisse. *Seersucker is woven puckers;
plisse is an embossed fabric, and these days stays permanent if it has
synthetic fibers in it. *Seersucker is also a bit heavier.

yes, that's what I thought too. Seersucker that I've found is more
of a bottom or suit weight. light enough for summer, but still to
heavy for a nightgown. still, the fabric I'm thinking of did have the
woven puckers in it cause the bubbled fabric stayed bubbled through
the wash for many months but would eventually become almost even
toward the end of it's life. LOL

Maybe it was a tissue weight seersucker or maybe plisse was made
differently back then?
I appreciate all the links. Unfortunately the ones I've seen so far
show plisse made of 65 percent poly. NOT nice for nightgowns. I
forget all about glistening in that much poly and go straight to
SWEAT!!! LOL Kitty