Old December 15th 08, 02:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Samatha Hill -- take out TRASH to reply

Default looking for an old type fabric

Plisse? But it sounds more like seersucker to me.

Kitty wrote:
Hi, in the seventies I used to make my nightgowns out of a cotton
fabric with narrow bands of flat fabric and narrow bands of bubbled
fabric between them. It often came with small roses printed on it.
That fabric was THE BEST for nightgowns, but I haven't seen it in
years. My sister thinks it is called Pleisse or something like
that. pronounced PLEAZAY does this ring a bell ot anyone? anyone
know how to spell it? I've done an internet search with that
spelling and come up with a river in Germany, so I know I'm wrong
somewhere. LOL any help would be gratefully appreciated.

thanks, Kitty