Old February 12th 07, 06:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aud

Default the matter of how we feel regarding gaugues etc,

"Olwyn Mary" skrev i melding
.. .

In addition, however, I find I must swatch each and every yarn I use.
Sometimes the identical yarn, in a different color, will swatch
differently. For instance, I have had the experience of a light color
yarn being much more fluffy than the same item in a navy or black.

I seee what you mean, Navy yarn are often "thinner" than other coloures!
Many of our traditional patterns have been knitted in navy and white
the last years, and I, and others, have noticed that!
AUD ;-)