Old January 9th 04, 09:22 PM
Meredith

Concerns? I didn't post because of that. Several people had remarked
about possible bias, and since I have studied this somewhat, I figured
I'd respond. I don't care about the content - my point is that every
type of test/questionnaire is biased in some form or another.

Meredith

Dianne Lewandowski wrote:

Did you read the FAQ's page, Meredith? Did that answer any of your
concerns?

I think that, on a personal level, if you are doing your level best to
answer ALL questions as truthfully as possible, it could enlighten you
on your belief system. No matter where the questions or answers are
placed. I went into this in this manner.

Do I think it's probably perfect? Nah. But it does give you reason to
think hard. That's always a positive result. I came out left of Ghandi
and Mandela. I was pleased to see that, of course, but I didn't realize
I was THAT left! g And I had personally hoped I'd be more centered in
the libertarian area. huge grin
Dianne

Meredith wrote:

The structure of a questionnaire/test definitely has an effect upon
the results. I'm in grad school right now and have studied this in at
least two classes. If you want to see more divided results, you don't
give a neutral answer choice. Having the positive or negative choice
first in the list also makes a difference, as does the order of
questions. A general rule of thumb is to put the questions that
people are least likely to answer at the end of the questionnaire
because they tend to stop upon encountering such a question, and so on.

As Mirjam said, "Do you really believe that any test , on political
isues , or even political placing , can be tottaly Objective???"
It's impossible to write one that's completely unbiased.

Meredith

mondaymorning wrote:

I went to the site and took the test. I felt that the some of the
questions
were not worded in a way that answers could be given correctly. One
example
was: Mothers may have careers but their first duty is to be
homemakers. One
was to answer agree or disagree. I don't think anyone's first duty
is to be
a homemaker but I sure do think anyone who is a Mother has a duty to put
that job first. Being a homemaker and a Mother are not the same thing.

There were many other questions which presented the same dilemma.
So I got fixed in a position....but was it accurate? I don't think so.

"Dianne Lewandowski" wrote in message

A few months back, someone posted a site with a test to see where you
were at on the political scale: right or left.

The following site does this a little better, has some interesting
statements to make about social and economic "visions", past and
current
global leaders and where they are in the spector.

For those interested in this issue, take the test and read the
documentation. I found it fascinating. The questions intriguing, and
often times difficult to answer.

http://www.digitalronin.f2s.com/poli...ass/index.html