Old February 25th 17, 12:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Default Hi from Magic Mike!!!

Hi Magic Mike, Yes I remember you, but I joined this group after you gave
away the major amount of your scraps. For a while I too gave away a few
hundred pounds of smaller scraps, mostly for babies & children. I, too,
tried to keep the scraps from going to the landfills, but not as much as you
saved. We did a lot of good! I do not know of any places around SC where I
could get scraps to save anymore! Thank you for all you did!
Barbara, was in SC, but now in Florida

wrote in message

Hi All, Just checking in to see if any of the friends or recipients of Magic
Mike's Scraps to Wraps Project are still around on this group. I don't get
to check in often but I do often think about all the great people who were
on this group.

I am still alive and kicking since my brain and back surgeries back in the
late 1990s. My wife and I have been doing a lot of traveling since around
2009. We love to do road trips and at least once a year we pack up our van
and hit the road.

I still have my Magic Mike's Internet Quilt and love it. Every time I see
it I am reminded of all the great quilters and also all the great projects
everyone here did with the scraps we saved from the landfills. It seems
like so long ago.

I truly hope everyone is doing well in life and everyone is safe and
healthy.

One of my email addresses is so feel free to drop me
an email and say "HI" if you have time. It would be nice to hear from old
friends.

BTW, I am not starting up the scraps project again!! It seems I still get
asked that question every now and then. I still even get phone calls asking
about scraps. I don't think there are many places left in the U.S. where
you can even get scraps anymore. (:-) Although I truly do miss it. It was
great to hear about the various projects people used the scraps for and to
sometimes see the photos of completed projects.

I just wanted to say Hi to all my old friends around the world, and let
everyone know I still think of them and that I am still around and kicking.
Take care and stay safe and healthy.

Magic Mike
Pennsylvania, USA