Old February 22nd 17, 08:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

Default cross stitch lovers: to grid or not to grid?

On 2/22/2017 7:39 AM, Nancy Spera wrote:

Hmmm.... I know my SAL and several other version are in my finished
but unfinished (you know what I mean) pile. Your idea of a Kleenex
box cover is a good one. I've got one my mom did many years ago and
now all the Kleenex boxes are too big for it. Perhaps that would
work. Need to unearth them.

On the piece for the top, if you omit the floral part in the center it
is just the right size for the hole. It wasn't really all that hard
putting them together, either, iirc. I just overcast the edges with the
perle cotton. I really should take a pic of it, come to think of it...

Go for it!

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures