Old October 4th 06, 04:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

Default semi-OT Dry hands/skin/hair

On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 14:26:16 GMT, "Laura J" spewed forth
:

Wooly,

Thanks for all this great info! One question though - what is the reasoning
(besides cost) of using second-press rather than extra virgin olive oil?
Just wondering because the ev stuff is all I have around right now!

Second press (sometimes labelled "virgin" or "cold press") is cheaper.
I keep the EV for salads, use second press for cooking and greasing up
my poor abused hide Second press is mechanically extracted from
the pulp/seeds after the EV is pressed so it doesn't contain any
solvent residue or "accidental" chemicals. Pomace is cheapest but
extracted chemically so is, in my mind, suspect for skincare and
cooking. I guess I'd use it as machine lubricant?

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...