Old December 13th 08, 05:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bungadora

Default stash knowledge

On Dec 9, 7:24*am, anne wrote:

Do you know where every thing is? Can you lay your hands on anything you want
quickly or do you have to hunt for things?

--
another anne, add ingers to reply

Funny you should ask.

I'm good with my threads and basic supplies. I don't pile up a lot of
excess stash, and they don't take up a lot of room, so I can usually
locate things pretty quickly. Box for thread. Box for embroidery
supplies like hoops and needles. Box for knitting needles.

I've sorted most of my yarns into stacking plastic drawer units.
Distinct projects are in zippered bags. Tangled yarns are all in one
big basket. Started projects are piled in a lidded basket. Beads are
in 2 plastic drawer units, sorted by size, and color of course.

Fabrics are a mess. I have them sorted by color in plastic zipped
bags, but I don't have shelf space for them. They sit on top of a
trunk, stuffed to the top with blankets and more fabric. I'm
thinking of buying another cabinet, but I don't have room for another
cabinet and the trunk. Sigh. I need another room.
Dora