Old December 11th 08, 07:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

Default stash knowledge

On 12/9/08 9:24 AM, "anne" wrote:

Although I've got a lot of stuff, it is nowhere near what long term stitchers
have accumulated. Yesterday, I wanted to experiment with angelina fibers and
couldn't find them. I emptied almost all the drawers and they were still
hiding. Imagine my surprise when I turned around and saw them on the desk in
other corner of the room! I guess the thought about using them wasn't new so I
had pulled them out previously. In a little bit, I'll have to put everything
that's strewn all over the floor away.

Do you know where every thing is? Can you lay your hands on anything you want
quickly or do you have to hunt for things?

Actually, for about 90% I can find things quickly. Despite the somewhat
incomplete putting away. But, my needlework stash is in relatively good
order - including the large carton of stuff that moved from the old house,
and hasn't been unpacked - I just dig into it at times. For the most part I
remember what projects are where, and my threads, supplies are actually in a
central place. It's when I have to think back - oh, I took that book
upstairs, or something like that - or remembering in which tote something
may have been taken around in which could cause a bit of delay. OTOH, my
knitting stash is a bit less clear to me as I don't quite remember exactly
where everything is- in terms of needles that may be in use, or with a
project tote.

Good question.

Ellice