Old June 6th 07, 11:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita

Default machine quilting not "real" quilting?

Even in his grandma's day, women loved the sewing machine to piece!!! As a
professional quilter, I've won many a competition with machine quilting.
There was even one MAJOR contest where they stated no machine quilting. I
just received my new Pfaff (about 14 years ago) and it did so many fancy
stitches, I made a crazy quilt and just for the fun of it, entered it. To
my surprise, it won 3rd place. It's on my site under small art quilts and
called a "1993 Crazy"

--
Rita
http://ritasquilts.com
"Irrational Number" wrote in message
link.net...
How do I respond to someone who says that
machine piecing and machine quilting is
not "real" quilting? He said today that
his grandma even hand beats the cotton to
do whatever... I asked if he chops his own
wood or if he buys a cord and he admitted
that he bought it. Then I asked if his
grandma spun her own thread and he admitted
that she uses store-bought thread.

Blah blah blah. I need a concise and good
rebuttal! He was not into hearing about
the history of quilting.

-- Anita --