Old March 2nd 05, 02:29 AM

"Shillelagh" wrote in message

wrote in message
om...
SNIP

Here's the thing Aaron - the boarders wouldn't been seen dead in a real

wool
sweater. Besides, they litter the ski hills with themselves - usually
planted on their bottoms right in the middle of the run, right below a

drop
where you can't see them. Then they wonder why you shriek at them on your
way by. If I can, I will run over their bloody boards.

I have been run over by Jean Claud Killy himself. Skiers can also be rude.

SNIP.

I have been skiing for more years than I care to remember, and because it
was usually VERY cold (-25 or worse), I have always worn layers under a
lined nylon ski jacket and nylon snow pants (with long johns under the

snow
pants).

But, when you got to the lodge, and took your parka off. . . . . .

The last woolen ski sweater I had wouldn't come anywhere near
fitting me now.

I hope it it was the sweater that shrank. Over the last few months, I have
come to believe that people should stay fit and NOT gain weight as they get
older.

I usually wear a woolen toque, and lined nylon ski gloves.

So make sure that your skiers have nice wool ski sweaters. Wool sweaters
really are functional, and they can be beautiful.

I plan to make myself a Scandinavian style sweater this year, and if it's
finished on time, I will definitely wear it skiing - but probably under

the
nylon jacket.

If we had the warmer weather for skiing that you must have in
California, then I would think of wearing the sweater without the jacket.
;)

Shelagh

Those lopi sweaters knit from the neck down, go real fast. If you got into
a real California style traffic jam, you could just about knit one on the
way to the ski area, and lopi is real warm. I just made a short sleeved one
so the sleeves do not get wet when I dip my hands in the water when fishing.
At 3 stiches per inch, the sweater just jumped off the needles like magic.

Aaron