Old December 7th 13, 03:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Default A knitted "onesie"

On 12/6/2013 6:59 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 05 Dec 2013 22:03:29 -0500, Gillian Murray
wrote:

On 12/5/2013 10:00 PM, Gillian Murray wrote:
On 12/5/2013 1:51 PM, Bruce wrote:
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/q71/936773_766425373371157_1724069263_n.jpg

The mind, and imagination, boggles!

However, Sheena, you are old enough to remember Winnie Churchill's siren
suit in WW 2, don't you?

Very definitely!! I had a red one and it was on the foot of the bed,
handy for when the siren went off. It was auto reaction, siren,
wake, drag siren suit on, start for shelter!

You know, I always thought it was normal to get up in the night like
that. I loved my siren suit but the bathing suit my granny knitted
for me, not so much ! It stretched but it also irritated the skin so
for the longest time I just wore my underwear for swimming. We were
not allowed to go on the beach, there was barbed wire to prevent
against invasion but there were some lovely rivers in our area so we
went there.

I remember the barbed wire on the beach at Teignmouth!

I also remember the lovely blue and yellow two piece swimsuit my mother
knitted for me. Obviously, it had not been designed to be immersed in
water, as the top was around the waist, and the bottoms around my knees
when I got out of the sea!! Terribly embarrassed, though there wasn't
much too show at that age.

I also had the brightest, most sickly looking silk nighty, made out of a
parachute my mother and her friends had acquired. Probably why I dislike
silk to this day!

Gil