Old August 22nd 04, 11:57 PM
William Black

"NE333RO" wrote in message
Sorry, I've had lots of questions lately! Could a pickle pot be as

simple
as a small Pyrex dish with a lid on the lowest (electric) hob setting?

It could, as long as your low setting is not too hot. I've always been
partial to a small, cheapy, crock pot myself. Do you intend to dump out

your
pickle each time you finish using it? Thats the only reason I can see for

storage problem. That could get a bit expensive if you have to remake your
pickle each time. Not to mention environmentally unfriendly.

Well pickle doesn't 'go off' with use. The chemistry is reasonably basic if
you use acid and the stuff should last for ages if you filter it now and
again.

I'm not sure about the chemistry of 'safety pickle'.

--
William Black