Old June 25th 08, 09:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Kris Krieger

Default Ir filtration system - any recommendations?

howard inhockdeep@peakdotorg wrote in
:

Kris Krieger wrote:
Hi, ALl, I was wondering whether anyone is familiar with air-
filtration/fume hood type systems suitble for a very small in-home
glassworking bench. Best would be somehting that coudl be lifted
onto the working surface during soldering/grinding (tho' I intend to
do most of my grinding outside, as I have a covered porch), then
lifted off and moved when I'm wither scoring glass, or using the
table for some other purpose.

TIA!

- Kris

================================
squirrel cage motor
4" flexible dryer hose attached to the motor
wood or styrofoam with 4" hole for the dryer hose
place in window and close window until it abuts the above
vent 4" dryer hose to the outside

cheap, easy and effctive

I googled this, but the only such motors I found prices for *started* at
over $700 =8-O !

But I'd considered a similar setup using a regular tabletop fan, or a duct
fan, with a good CFM rating, since both are easily available.

I looked at some pics of the motors and they're awfully complex, so I'm
thinking along the lines of a duct fan, or at e last a ducted fan. I jsu
thtought of this now, but might be an idea to look at the ducted fans used
to build and fly large model jets... I hadn't thought of that before...